Dear LISA Member:
On or about December 1, 2018, invoices for your 2019 LISA membership dues will be sent out from the LISA Office in Orlando. As was first mentioned in the 2018 Annual Member’s Meeting in Washington, DC and announced at the recent Fall Conference at Disney, the Board of Directors has adopted a new two-tier membership structure. This new format is being implemented with the start of 2019. The following changes will be implemented with the issuance of invoices for 2019:
- There are now two (2) categories of LISA Membership, Voting and Charter. All previous categories of membership will be completely retired effective December 31, 2018.
- Voting Members are entitled to all the benefits and privileges afforded LISA Members including discounts for attendance at LISA events, discounts for events sponsored by ELSA and BVZL, recognition on LISA’s website, the opportunity to serve on LISA committees, to run for LISA’s Board of Directors and the right to vote for LISA’s Board, etc.
- Voting Member dues are $2,500 per quarter and are due and payable on a calendar quarter basis. Invoices due on or before January 1, 2019 will be sent on or before December 1, 2019.
- Charter Members are also entitled to all the benefits and privileges afforded LISA Members including discounts for attendance at LISA events, discounts for events sponsored by ELSA and BVZL, recognition on LISA’s website, the opportunity to serve on LISA committees, the right to run for LISA’s Board of Directors, and the right to vote for LISA’s Board, etc. However, in addition to these benefits, Charter Members are also admitted to LISA’s Public Policy Council (“PPC”). The PPC will oversee LISA’s efforts with respect to legislative and regulatory affairs at the federal and state levels, working closely with legislators, regulators, insurance industry groups, lobbying firms and others to promote and protect LISA’s interests in the public policy arena.
- Charter Member dues are $12,500 per quarter and are due and payable on a calendar quarter basis. Invoices due on or before January 1, 2019 will be sent on or before December 1, 2019. So far, seven (7) LISA member firms have committed to becoming Charter Members. In addition, firms that are not currently LISA members, but which have indicated an interest in applying for membership as Charter members are expected to join LISA in the coming year.
As a current LISA Member you are part of a community of professionals who will drive the future of the life settlement industry forward. Any LISA Member is welcome to elect to step-up to the Charter Member category, be admitted to the PPC and join LISA in pursuit of initiatives intended to promote the benefits of life settlements to regulators, consumers and the public at large. To take this important step, you may indicate on your invoice that you wish to do so, remit the appropriate payment by January 1, 2019 and your membership will automatically be upgraded to the Charter Member category.
We value your support of LISA to date and your membership in our association. If you have any questions concerning this announcement or any matter in any way related to LISA, I personally encourage you to contact me or any LISA Board member directly. You may also contact the LISA Office. We thank you and we welcome your input and feedback and hope you will continue to participate in committees, attend LISA events and inform us about issues and concerns you have with respect to your life settlement activities, so we can continue to support you and the industry at large as we have throughout our history.
Lastly, I want to thank you personally for your contributions to date in whatever form they take. Each LISA Member is valuable to the industry and as a small industry with huge potential, we need every market participant engaged and on board with the association. As we move forward, we hope to grow and succeed like never before and to do that we need your participation, your support, your input and experience.
With highest regards,
Chairman, LISA Board of Directors
D: 404 521 5113 | M: 609 610 7297