The life settlement industry has been on a steady rise since the 1980’s, with Conning predicting a 1-2% increase since 2019. The direct to consumer segment of the life settlement industry has also experienced growth during this time as well, with life settlement companies following the retail and travel industries who have operated on this model for years. In this blog, we’ll explain how the method works and who these companies represent.
How does it work?
The direct to consumer method works exactly as it sounds. Rather than navigating the life insurance settlement space themselves, direct to consumer life settlement providers work with policyholders throughout the course of the life settlement transaction.
Steps to Selling Your Life Insurance Policy with a Direct to Consumer Provider
- Find a suitable direct to consumer life settlement provider
- Complete a health questionnaire and submit medical records
- The direct to consumer provider values policy and relays offer to an advisor
- Once an offer is accepted by the policyholder, closing documents are issued
- Ownership is transferred and policyholder receives settlement funds
Why Use A Direct to Consumer Provider
Direct to consumer providers help policy holders navigate the intricacies involved in life settlements and provide a streamlined experience for the consumer. Be sure to reference this blog when determining whether or not a direct to consumer approach will work for you.
To explore authorized direct to consumer LISA members in your state, use our Find a Provider tool.